The list really depends on the kind of vacation experience for which you are searching. The wonderful thing about the good old USA is that it contains a multitude of travel spots to match anyone’s desire or pocketbook.
1. Disneyland, Anaheim, California Almost every list of most visited United States vacations spots starts with Disneyland. Even singles and newlyweds put the Magic Kingdom as a “must see”. Downtown Disney with its more adult restaurants, shopping and entertainment – including AMC Theatres, The House of Blues and the ESPN Zone – continues to grow as a site for the whole family to enjoy.
2. Universal Studios, Burbank, California Universal Studios about fifty easily traversed miles away from Disneyland has expanded from its early years as the other California theme park to become a major Disney competitor. Like Disneyland, Universal Studios combines rides and shows for the whole family in the main park with entertainment for the older visitors found on its Citywalk.
3. Orlando, Florida Home to both Disneyworld and Universal Studios, Florida, Orlando has become the family resort area on the Atlantic coast. A long shoreline with an abundance of affordable hotels makes Orlando an annual pilgrimage for many eastern state residents.
4. Mauii, Hawaii With an annual temperature variance of about seven degrees, Mauii cops a spot on any list of warm weather vacation sites. Families can luxuriate in a myriad of resorts fronting white sandy beaches. More adventurous vacationers will find caves for spelunking, brilliant blue skies for paragliding and rocky mountainsides for biking and hiking.
5. Washington, D.C. The nation’s capitol provides a bonanza of experiences for every type of traveler. The most sophisticated of jet setters will find entertainment and food to suit the mind and palate as will the family on summer vacation and the school group on spring break.
6. New York City, New York Just two and a half hours from D. C. on the Amtrak Acela train, New York City is a destination spot for visitors from around the world. New York City is the heartbeat of the fashion, banking and theatre industries.
7. San Francisco, California With professional football and baseball teams, world famous cuisine and a bridge known around the world, San Francisco has delights for even the most seasoned sojourner.
8. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is open twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year allowing citizens from around the world to be amazed by one of the world’s most beautiful and awe inspiring natural wonders.
9. Yosemite National Park, California Like most national parks, Yosemite is also open twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year and there is no need for reservations to enter the park. Camping in the park, however, is extremely limited and requires planning far in advance.
10. Chicago, Illinois A baseball team, a football team, a basketball team, an ice hockey team, famous restaurants and theatres to rival Broadway – what more could a visitor want? How about renowned museums, lakes for water sports of all kinds and Frank Lloyd Wright architecture; Chicago has it all.